We were recently awarded an Overall Safety Achievement Award for 2014 from the National Association of Landscape Professionals.
The award, part of the association’s Safety Recognition Awards Program, honor those companies with high-performing safety programs that have a multi-year track record of creating and maintaining safe work environments for their employees.
We received the award by demonstrating safety performance and adhering to a monitored safety program.
It has generally become accepted that a high proportion of accidents, incidents and near misses follow unsafe behavior. Improper equipment use, not following procedures, and improper supervision/training can reap devastating consequences.
At JWT, we spend a lot of resources ensuring proper training and reinforcing safe behaviors to avoid accidents. Here are some of the ways we enforce safety at JWT:
1. We require written safety agreements with employees.
2. We perform safety inspections of work sites.
3. We have safety orientations with new employees.
4. We talk safety – in meetings, on Facebook, with each other.
5. Our insurance company participates in assessing our risks.
6. We ask our clients to let us know if they have suggestions on how to improve safety.
Thanks for checking out our blog and be safe!