Our People Make All the Difference
At J.W. Townsend, we seek to create the most qualified and passionate professionals in our field through continuous training and education. We have over 600 cumulative years of horticultural experience with 32 Virginia Certified Horticulturists, 37 Registered Pesticide Technicians, 32 College Graduates, 1 Advanced Certified Horticulturist, and 5 ISA Certified Arborists with more and more of our staff completing courses and benchmark exams each year.
In 2021 our staff voted that, as an employer, J.W. Townsend Landscapes facilitates a great work/life balance, a positive work environment, and competitive wages and benefits for our employees.
We gladly welcome those with any range of experience, from beginners to experts, to join and grow with our team. If you’re new to the area, looking for a career change, or interested in working outdoors we would love to interview you!
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Company subsidized health insurance*
- Dental insurance with affordable group rates*
- Paid vacation*
- Paid holidays*
- Paid personal leave*
- Life insurance*
- Retirement benefits
- Company subsidized certifications such as VNLA and pesticide certifications
- Professional development/company subsidized continuing education
- Opportunities to participate in company subsidized field trips, seminars, and conferences
- Opportunities to participate in company-sponsored sports teams and team building events
- Annual company-sponsored events such as picnics and Christmas parties
- A wonderful, trusting, and open work environment with skilled and professional team members
- Great opportunities for advancement and bonuses
*These benefits are available after completing 60 days of employment.
What We’re Looking For
- An understanding of common landscape plant material including annuals, perennials, trees, and shrubs
- An ability to work well with others in a team environment
- An ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
- An ability to load and unload trucks and lift 50lbs.
- An ability to drive large work trucks
- A willingness to obtain Virginia state pesticides certifications
- 1-3 years in the plant industry is preferred but not required
- An education/Bachelor’s Degree in horticulture is preferred but not required
To apply for an employment opportunity at J.W. Townsend Landscapes:
Click Here to open the employment application. Please type directly in the form, save it, and submit it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may print and submit your completed application by mail, FAX, or in-person to:
J.W. Townsend Landscapes
3980 Seminole Trail
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
FAX: (434) 973-1578