Our People Make All the Difference
At J.W. Townsend Landscapes, we seek out the most qualified and passionate professionals in our field. Our staff has over 600 cumulative years of horticultural experience with 32 Virginia Certified Horticulturists, 37 Registered Pesticide Technicians, 32 College Graduates, 1 Advanced Certified Horticulturist, and 5 ISA Certified Arborists. We adamantly support continuing education for all employees, certified or just starting out.
We are always hiring! If you are new to the area, looking for a career change, or interested in working outdoors our applications are always open.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Company subsidized health insurance*
- Dental insurance with affordable group rates*
- Paid vacation*
- Paid holidays*
- Paid personal leave*
- Life insurance*
- Retirement benefits
- Company subsidized certifications such as VNLA and pesticide certifications
- Professional development/company subsidized continuing education
- Opportunities to participate in company subsidized field trips, seminars, and conferences
- Opportunities to participate in company-sponsored sports teams and team building events
- Annual company-sponsored events such as picnics and Christmas parties
- A wonderful, trusting, and open work environment with skilled and professional team members
- Great opportunities for advancement and bonuses
*These benefits are available after completing 60 days of employment.
What We’re Looking For
- An understanding of common landscape plant material including annuals, perennials, trees, and shrubs
- An ability to work well with others in a team environment
- An ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills
- An ability to load and unload trucks and lift 50lbs.
- An ability to drive large work trucks
- A willingness to obtain Virginia state pesticides certifications
- 1-3 years in the plant industry is preferred but not required
- An education/Bachelor’s Degree in horticulture is preferred but not required
To apply for an employment opportunity at J.W. Townsend Landscapes:
Click Here to open the employment application. Please type directly in the form, save it, and submit it by e-mail to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may print and submit your completed application by mail, FAX, or in-person to:
J.W. Townsend Landscapes
3980 Seminole Trail
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
FAX: (434) 973-1578